Subject: Re: FR
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 13:50 CDT

On 18-Oct-95 08:27:03, Kier Darby ([email-masked]) Emailed: 

> With all this talk about field rendering at the present, I'd like to
> pose  a REALLY nerdy question and ask someone to explain in plain
> English quite  what FR achieves...

> Anyone?

> 		KIER
> 		Nat. Cent. Comp. Anim. UK

To put it as simply as possible, with frame rendering, you get 30 frames
per second. With field rendering, you get 60 fields per second. The
difference in "smoothness" of the animation is *very* noticeable when there
is a fair amount of motion in your scene.

You can also look at it this way. Video cameras and tape decks do not
record at 30 frames per second, they record at 60 fields per second. Or in
your case, 25/50 for PAL instead of 30/60 for NTSC.

      ______________________________________________________________
     /     John Crookshank         | Raptor3 DEC Alpha Workstations \
    |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   | Lightwave 3D, Toaster/Flyer     |
    | Desktop Video Systems Dealer | JVC Professional Video Products |
    | NewTek Systems Group Dealer  | PVR, Speed Razor, and more.     |
    |------------------------------|---------------------------------|
    |     [email-masked]              http://www.mt-inc.com/       |
     \______________________________________________________________/

--
[email-masked] (John Crookshank) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]